Sunday, February 8, 2009

a small victory for charlie brown

Charlie Brown is one of those comics I read just because it's there. I usually have no response to it at all. But today's (actually it's probably several years old) was worth a chuckle, not because of the punchline, but because of Charlie Brown's wish to be called "Flash." Something about that name just made me smile.

I'm not a fan of Wizard of Id, but occasionally it's worth the few seconds it takes to read. The interesting thing about it is the device it occasionally employs in the first couple of panels, as in today's. It sort of sets up a quasi-punchline in the very beginning, and then the end relates back to it. Unfortunately, today's gag is pretty unoriginal, but I could see the device working well with a better joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment